Recognize expectations – control processes – ensure success
In placing their own retail brands on the market, food retailers run a higher risk of liability for these products. In order to safeguard themselves they require the manufacturers to provide evidence of the safety, quality, and legality of their products, based on the International Food Standard IFS, which was created for just this purpose. The members of the retail associations in Germany (HDE), France (FCD), and Italy (FEDERDISTRIBUZIONE) mutually recognize assessment results and certificates, and no longer conduct any supplier audits of their own.
IFS – for whom?
First and foremost the standard addresses manufacturers of retailer branded products, as well as producers of proprietary brands that have been requested by food retailers to undergo such an assessment. Organizations throughout the food value chain take advantage of IFS to demonstrate their own activities in respect of food safety, food quality, and food legality.
- Suitable instrument of control for the fulfillment of requirements
- Improved confidence of consumers and retailers in the organization’s ability to perform Systematic analysis and implementation of safe and efficient processes in the interest of food safety
- Evidence that due diligence is used in respect of product safety, quality, and legality
- Less risk of product liability through demonstrated fulfillment of product safety obligations
- Mutual recognition of certificates
Request a Quote
Thank you for your interest in our services and solutions. We are happy to provide you with a non-binding cost estimate.