DQS is one of the leading certification bodies that support iCompliance. As of March 2020, the DQS Group has been performing and will continue to perform audits within the iCompliance program.
The iCompliance initiative leverages a harmonized set of quality management standards to ensure compliance within the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Industry supply chain. It is supported by leading Brand Owners of the FMCG industry, including Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Estée Lauder and L’Oréal.
Covered within the scope of iCompliance are suppliers of cosmetic ingredients, raw materials and ingredients for home and laundry products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and excipients, as well as suppliers of primary and secondary packaging materials.
iCOMPLIANCE: ONE-STOP DESTINATION TO MANAGE COMPLIANCE
In summary, iCompliance enables:
- Consistency: A common framework of GMP practices and audit standards across the FMCG/CPG industry
- Quality: Governance stronger than any other external audit program
- Productivity: Reduced number of customer audits with annual iCompliance re-certification
- Faster Qualification: Larger pool of qualified auditors – enables faster customer qualification and approval
- New Business Potential: suppliers can easily demonstrate capability to new customers
- Cost Predictability: Supplier paid certification, similar to other certifications
- Data Control: Supplier controls access to central report repository which can be shared with customers
iCompliance relies on existing standards to create a unified framework. Depending on the scope of their activities, suppliers are audited against internationally recognized standards such as ICH Q7, IPEC, EFfCI, ISO 15378, FSSC 22000 and the BRCGS Packaging Standard [Issue 6]. A full overview of the initiative and the procedure for suppliers is available on the iCompliance website
iCompliance allows CBs to carry out remote audits under exceptional circumstances and accepts fully remote BRC audits, if an onsite audit is not possible.
DQS: YOUR PARTNER FOR iCOMPLIANCE
After a positive evaluation of our internal quality procedures and auditors, DQS was approved by iCompliance in March 2020. The approval covers all standards that are part of the iCompliance Initiative, without any geographical restrictions. With a network of highly qualified auditors around the globe, DQS has the capability to provide value-adding audits to all participating suppliers.