ISO 45001: Occupational Health and Safety
ISO 45001: The standard for the certification of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
ISO 45001 is the certification standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. The standard aims to identify work-related risks to employees such as illness, injury, accidents and to avoid them with the help of preventative measures.
ISO 45001 is the successor to OHSAS 18001, which was originally launched in 1999 as a British standard. Implemented in more than 80 countries around the world, ISO 45001 replaces its predecessor as the most well-known and important standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
ISO 45001 is applicable for companies and organizations of all sizes and industries. Therefore, even small organizations can benefit from the standard. An ISO 45001 Management System has the same High Level Structure as ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) which ensures its suitability as part of an integrated management system.
Structure & content
To successfully implement ISO 45001 in your organisation, you will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Plan: Defining OHS objectives including workload, working hours, leadership and corporate culture, healthy working conditions and risk planning
- Do: Implementation of the defined measures and processes and health and safety policies in regards to outsourcing, purchasing and contractors.
- Check: continual review of health and safety goals within the organization, performance monitoring of legal and other requirements as well as organizational and social factors
- Act: if necessary, adaption and improvement of process and measures to ensure a successful OSH policy.
Advantages of the standard
Certification against ISO 45001 will give your company many valuable competitive advantages, including:
- reduction of accidents by the systematization of all activities from a health and safety perspective
- legal clarity by complying with all applicable requirements
- protect the image of your company
- ensure the best possible working conditions throughout the organization
- cost saving through risk reduction
- strengthened commitment and motivation of employees through optimized work safety
The certification process – how it works
Together we organise an appointment for the audit. The audit duration depends on the size of your organisation. After the successful completion of the certification audit, you will receive a certificate which is valid for three years. To maintain your certification, annual surveillance audits are required.
DQS CFS – your partner for certification
DQS CFS is your competent partner for certification for ISO 45001. With smooth audit planning, experienced auditors and in-depth audit reports, we will accompany you throughout the entire certification process.
News & Links
Global network of auditors and offices
Expert auditors with high emotional intelligence
Recognition in industries around the globe
Comprehensive and actionable Assessment Reports